Monday 13 October 2014

Flavia - A Terrifying Experience

One day happened to me something that I will never forget. It was afternoon and I came home after school with my best friend to do our homework. I was 14 years old and I had just started the high school.  We were alone at home: my parents were working and my sisters at school.

We were doing our homework in the kitchen when someone opened the main door.  I was sure it was my father coming home after work, so I didn’t pay attention to that and continued doing my homework, sure that he would have come to say hello to us, like every afternoon. After a while, he hadn’t come to the kitchen yet, so I called him. Nobody answered, but I heard that there was somebody near the main door , there was a noise coming from the entrance. So I stopped doing my homework to go to the entrance  and say hello to my dad. I couldn’t imagine that somebody else was in my house. I saw the main door opened and someone that was running away, I still can remember exactly what I saw. I saw the back of a woman, with blond hair and a bob haircut, black trousers and a sky blue windbreakers. And I  saw her getting into a car that was waiting for her.
I was shocked, couldn’t believe that someone had entered into my house and I hadn’t realized it. If I had just locked the door, it would have happened. And if hadn’t called my dad , probably she wouldn’t have run away. Maybe she thought that my father was at home and got scared. I still think that if she had known that there were only two teenagers at home, she wouldn’t have escaped. So I was really lucky, and from that moment I started to lock the door.

1 comment: