Sunday 5 October 2014

Luciana - Getting used to life in London

I had a lot of habits since I was a little now, which are all changed over the time.
When I was child, I mean 5 or 6 years, I spent a lot of time playing with my friends in the common garden.
With my family I used to go on holiday in Italian holiday resorts with beach, swimming pool, miniclub etc, because of my brother and I were too young.
Over the time, the tradition has remained, but the targets have changed.
Every summer, all together, we travel and the destinations are different: Europe, Asia and also USA.
Moreover, I used to play volleyball in a volleyball team in my city.
I was always in late to the training, and my coach always getting angry with me.
Later, I lived with my parents, but now I live in Bologna with two my friends.
I like to live by myself, I have my spaces, my habits and I’ve become more responsible.
Whenever I come home for the holiday, my parents are always asking me what time I would come back and where I was. I hate it.
Before to come to London, I had my routine in Bologna. I’ll wake up at 8:30, I’ll have a shower and I’ll dress.
Later, I’ll have breakfast with toasts and jam and a cup of milk. I’ll go out and before the lesson I’ll drink a coffee in the university’s bar.
After lesson I’ll have lunch with my classmate and then We’ll go to the lesson again.
At the end of the class, I’ll go to the gym or I’ll study in the library.
Then I’ll have dinner and I’ll go out with my friends.
Now in London, I think, I’ll never get used to drink american coffee. I hate it and I miss the expresso before the lesson and after lunch.
But I’m slowly getting used to take the metro at any time. In Bologna I never used to take any public transports and I used to go anywhere on foot.

Being away from my home it’s difficult, but I think it’s the best way to grow up. I mean,  I used to living by my own, doing all housework, changing all my habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment