Sunday 28 September 2014

Flavia - Describing myself as a langauge learner

I’ve been studying English for almost twenty years, I started in primary school, and continued through middle school and high school. When I was at University I didn’t have English language exams, but most of the books we had to study were written in English (Italian studies on Asian culture are not very common), so I have been practicing practising my reading and comprehension for many years.
I can’t remember too much very much of my first English class, I can only remember that I liked my English teacher, so maybe I enjoyed studying English with her.
I haven’t taken any English exams yet, but I want to take get the IELTS certification as soon as possible, that’s why I’m studying here. I really want to find a good job here in London,  so I need to improve my English and I need a certification that proves my knowledge of this language.
I would like to visit Australia, the USA (I’ve only been to Washington DC and New York) and Great Britain, of course: I’ve only been to London and Limerick , in Ireland, but I know that there are so many beautiful places to visit in this country.
I am quite confident in my English, especially in reading and listening;  I have some problems in speaking and pronunciation (I really don’t like my Italian accent when I speak English), and sometimes in English grammar.
When I’m outside class I try to practise my English as much as I can. At work I have to use English, when I'm with my friends and my boyfriend I use English, I usually go to the cinema with my boyfriend or watch movies at home with my flatmates, and I really like to read free magazines in the tube, like Stylist, the Evening Standard Magazine or Time Out.
I like the English language, I like listening to English people and I like speaking English. But sometimes I find its pronunciation really difficult to imitate and to remember, this is the only aspect that I don’t like in this language, and it is the thing that I want to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment